Join PetSure in a newly created fixed term role (12 months – possibility to extend) that allows you to lead a critical review of the existing controls framework to ensure compliance with regulatory and legislative changes. This role sits within Legal & Compliance but will collaborate across the entire business.
Just as many of us now put pets at the centre of our lives, PetSure positions the welfare of pets at the heart of our business. As a pet insurance underwriter, administrator and fintech company through GapOnlyTM, we help provide a sense of security to almost half a million Australians and their pets.
Why you’ll love working at PetSure
With a career at PetSure you’ll experience:
- Choose your balance – work from a combo of the home and office
- When onsite, our award-winning, purpose-built pet friendly office
- An inclusive and supportive culture that supports career development and flexibility, including our fully paid 18-week genderless parental leave policy
- Access to our wellbeing program which includes webinars, health checks, on site lunches and the occasional voucher if working from home
- Personal and professional development through our customised learning platform
- Paid leave for your birthday and an enrichment day (a day out of the office to support a cause or passion close to your heart)
- The assistance of our onsite Chief Dog Wrangler to help entertain your pooch with free parking on that day
- And because pets are at the heart of everything we do, your pet insurance is on us too
What you’ll do
Reporting into the Head of Regulatory & Compliance, the Controls Framework Analyst will be responsible for identifying existing operational controls, assessing their effectiveness, implementing new ones and ensuring they are documented and managed ongoing.
Working across the business, the Controls Framework Analyst will play a key role in ensuring PetSure’s compliance with its regulatory obligations.
Specifically, the Controls Framework Analyst will
- Undertake an audit of existing controls to determine their effectiveness and identify any gaps
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all obligations and controls and map them to key risk areas
- Work with the Compliance team and Regulatory project team and other internal stakeholders to develop new controls (where required)
- Develop an implementation plan for new controls and track progress against key deliverables
- Manage risks and issues at the working level and escalate as appropriate
- Ensure processes are in place to measure effectiveness of all controls
- Consider and recommend most appropriate technology to manage and report on the efficacy of the controls
- Conduct targeted reviews or ‘deep dives’ when potential control weaknesses have been identified
- Introduce new technology, techniques and approaches to assist identification, measurement and reporting of controls
What you’ll bring
- Pet parent or pet advocate
- Passionate about PetSure’s purpose
- Experience with APRA regulated entities and prudential standards
- Experience in the general insurance industry
- Demonstrated understanding of control frameworks, preferably in a financial institution
- Previous experience as a business analyst/project manager
- Strong knowledge and development of policies and processes
- Demonstrated strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Advanced Excel and reporting skills
- Ability to establish relationships quickly
- Great problem solver with the ability to think logically and investigate independently
- Accountable: results oriented, takes ownership and focuses on solutions and outcomes
- Applicable tertiary qualification
Ready to chase your dream?
We’d love to hear from you! Apply Now via email@example.com
PetSure is an equal opportunity employer and encourages anyone who meets the role requirements to apply.
PetSure is a pet friendly environment and welcomes dogs and cats in the workplace. It is the policy of PetSure that all new employees consent to a background check.