This key role will help support the cloud strategy while remaining very technical and hands-on. IT is a collaborative agile environment where skills, attitude, and cultural fit are all extremely important.
Just as many of us now put pets at the centre of our lives, PetSure positions the welfare of pets at the heart of our business. As a pet insurance underwriter, administrator and fintech company through GapOnlyTM, we help provide a sense of security to almost half a million Australians and their pets.
Why you’ll love working at PetSure
With a career at PetSure you’ll experience:
- Choose your balance – work from either home, the office or a combo of both
- When onsite, our award-winning, purpose-built pet friendly office
- An inclusive and supportive culture that supports career development and flexibility, including our fully paid 18-week genderless parental leave policy
- Access to our wellbeing program which includes webinars, health checks, on site lunches and the occasional voucher if working from home
- Personal and professional development through our customised learning platform
- Paid leave for your birthday and an enrichment day (a day out of the office to support a cause or passion close to your heart)
- The assistance of our onsite Chief Dog Wrangler to help entertain your pooch with free parking on that day
- And because pets are at the heart of everything we do, your pet insurance is on us too
What you’ll do
This role will be focused in the Wintel space and will be expected to assume technical ownership of all our server and systems infrastructure. You will provide technical leadership as a 2nd level escalation point for the datacentre and cloud technologies.
Develop methodologies and architected solutions, along with the ability to script and integrate technologies.
As an infrastructure and cloud engineer, you will have a great understanding of infrastructure and cloud technologies and the coding ability to automate environment build and release processes. You will have a strong client-centric service approach. Importantly, you will help support frontline customer service teams so skills in building rapport and maintaining excellent relationships are essential
Specifically, the Infrastructure & Cloud Engineer is also accountable for;
- Be the “go to” person for all technical cloud and infrastructure related items.
- Provide technical high-level system and process documentation as required.
- Manage the availability and performance of all infrastructure systems.
- Help design and build an operating model for PetSure’s infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and standards, including documentation, configuration, security, and change management.
- Help drive the development of a mature and robust architecture.
- Consistently deliver an outstanding level of customer service to the organisation through successfully participating in quality assurance and service delivery improvement programmes.
- Monitor and respond to fix critical system events on P1 systems outside of business hours as per agreed support roster. Excellent experience of finding root causes for issues, resolving incidents, and acting on service requests.
- Effective management of key vendors to ensure PetSure obtains maximum value from the relationship.
- Work in a small, dynamic agile team on new projects and enhancements to existing systems in concert with business priorities. This includes working in sprints, helping define/estimate stories, and creating light-weight documentation.
- Mentor, guide and support other team members – particularly those in junior IT support positions – and help develop shared knowledge in related technologies.
- Work unsupervised towards tasks agreed with your line manager.
What you’ll bring
- Pet parent or pet advocate
- Passionate about PetSure’s purpose
- Adherence to WHS practices
- Expert knowledge of industry standard applications and operating systems.
- Thorough understanding of enterprise IT Strategies and Concepts
- Knowledge of the latest industry trends and developments, including emerging technologies.
- Solid working knowledge of current IT technologies, across a wide variety of technical disciplines.
- Strong team-orientation with highly developed collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Adept at conducting research into technical products and issues as required.
- Exceptional customer focus and service ethic.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with the ability to develop, mentor, and motivate others.
- Working knowledge of applicable data privacy and security practices and laws.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Great problem solver and ability to think outside the box.
- Experience in Agile delivery (Scrum or variation) using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and Kanban
- Experience with Automation
- VMWare VCP, Microsoft MCP, Cisco CCNA
- MS SQL Server Configuration and Queries.
- Understanding of APRA CPS234, PCI, ISO27001 and ASD Security Essentials
- Degree qualified – Information Systems / Computer Science.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Technologies including Server 2016/2019, AD, AAD, DFS, DHCP, DNS.
- Knowledge and experience in building and managing cloud solutions in AWS, Azure and O365
- Knowledge and experience in managing VMWare vCentre and ESXi
- Demonstrated experience with DevOps tools – GIT, Puppet, Team City, Octopus Deploy, Jenkins and Slack
- Experience in designing and building backup & recovery solutions – Azure, AWS and Veeam.
- Proven knowledge and experience of ITIL service management concepts and practices
- Solid understanding of networking principals with experience troubleshooting connectivity issues around Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Shared Storage experience and understanding of iSCSI fundamentals
Ready to chase your dream?
We’d love to hear from you! Apply Now!
PetSure is an equal opportunity employer and encourages anyone who meets the role requirements to apply.
PetSure is a pet friendly environment and welcomes dogs and cats in the workplace. It is the policy of PetSure that all new employees consent to a background check.