Join our PetSure in a role that allows you to showcase your expert payroll knowledge as well as experience in implementing a new Payroll/HRIS system. This role sits between Finance and the HR team.
Just as many of us now put pets at the centre of our lives, PetSure positions the welfare of pets at the heart of our business. As a pet insurance underwriter, administrator and fintech company through GapOnlyTM, we help provide a sense of security to almost half a million Australians and their pets.
Why you’ll love working at PetSure
With a career at PetSure you’ll experience:
- Choose your balance –work from a combo of the home and office
- When onsite, our award-winning, purpose-built pet friendly office
- An inclusive and supportive culture that supports career development and flexibility, including our fully paid 18-week genderless parental leave policy
- Access to our wellbeing program which includes webinars, health checks, on site lunches and the occasional voucher if working from home
- Personal and professional development through our customised learning platform
- Paid leave for your birthday and an Enrichment Day (a day out of the office to support a cause or passion close to your heart)
- The assistance of our onsite Chief Dog Wrangler to help entertain your pooch with free parking on that day
- And because pets are at the heart of everything we do, your pet insurance is on us too
Life At PetSure
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Senior Payroll Officer is a hybrid role in employee engagement through managing the full payroll of PetSure and acting as HR Reporting Specialist for the People Experience team.
Specifically, the Snr Payroll Officer is accountable for;
- All functions associated with the preparation and completion of each authorised pay runs, both fortnightly and monthly
- Management of End-to-End Payroll including collation of information and ensuring information is correct in system
- Assumes the role of HR Reporting Specialist for the People Experience team in providing both recurring and ad-hoc reporting that assists in drive People initiatives
- Supporting People Experience Team in the onboarding and offboarding procedures to ensure seamless payroll data integrity
- Ensuring all incoming forms such as timesheets, are verified and approved by the appropriate supervisor; follow up of any outstanding forms
- Resolving payroll discrepancies and investigate and resolve issues as they arise
- Liaising with staff in relation to any payroll matters or queries relating to employee entitlements
- Manage relationship with Ascender (payroll provider; or equivalent) in partnership with People Experience Team
- Reconciling superannuation funds monthly including notification of new and terminating employees
- Supporting financial month end processes for payroll transactions and balances
- Developing ad hoc Payroll and HR reporting as needed
- Take part in projects, as required, including implementation of Payroll/HRIS
What you’ll bring
- Pet parent or pet advocate
- Passionate about PetSure’s purpose
- Demonstrated knowledge of Payroll/HRIS implementation and/or update
- Experience in payroll auditing
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative and regulatory requirements relating to payroll practices
- Thorough knowledge of payroll and HRIS
- Demonstrated strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Advanced Excel and reporting skills
- Ability to establish relationships quickly
- Great problem solver with the ability to think logically and investigate independently
- Accountable: results oriented, takes ownership and focuses on solutions and outcomes
- Accounting qualification desirable or equivalent with TAPS or Australia Payroll Association
Ready to chase your dream?
We’d love to hear from you! Applications lose 16 April 2021. Apply Now.
PetSure is a pet friendly environment and welcomes dogs and cats in the workplace. It is the policy of PetSure that all new employees consent to a background check.