PetSure is a member of the Insurance Council of Australia and also a signatory of the General Insurance Code of Practice. The objectives of the Code are:
- commit insurers to high standards of service;
- promote better, more informed relations between insurers and their customers;
- maintain and promote trust and confidence in the general insurance industry;
- provide fair and effective mechanisms for the resolution of complaints and disputes between insurers and their customers; and
- promote continuous improvement of the general insurance industry through education and training.
The Code Governance Committee is an independent body that monitors and enforces compliance with the Code. The Code Governance Committee is also responsible for imposing sanctions for breaches of the Code as well as improvement of the Code and assisting the general insurance industry understand and comply with the Code.
You can obtain a copy of the Code from the Code of Practice website http://codeofpractice.com.au